Tuesday 1 September 2009

I Nuovi Megalips Velvetshine

I Nuovi is launching a new Megalips Velvetshine lipgloss duo this fall. Available in eight combos, each duo consists of a Lip Velvet (with a brush applicator) with metallic shimmer and a glossy Lipshine (with a sponge doe-foot applicator).


I received the Velvetshine in Latin Lover which is a deep metallic wine burgundy paired with a shimmery medium rose pink. These are formulated and manufactured in Italy and contain quite a generous amount of product (5g on each side).


The Lip Velvet is like a liquid lipstick as it is very pigmented with a metallic finish. The brush tends to pick up a lot of product so I had to blot off some of the excess. I liked that it did not dry out my lips, lasted quite well and wasn't too sticky. It also did not bleed into the fine lines around my lips. If I wanted a more glossy finish, I could top it off with the Lip Shine.


The Lip Shine has a translucent glossy finish, without the metallic pigment of the Lip Velvet. This gave my lips a nice pink tinge of color and felt quite moisturising. Overall, I liked the MegaLips, which are especially convenient for bringing around in your purse for touch-ups on the go as you can get 3 looks out of one tube.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the detailed product intro. :)

MPH is offering this product as a GWP for AMICA Sep.